Sunday, May 15, 2011

I'm...

With my baby!
Doing the Texas, Two Step!

Which, by the way, is the first dance step, that
I learned,...a long, long time ago.

When I saw this photo, that my Daughter-In-Law,
sent me, it brought back that, memory!
It's funny how an image can evoke a long forgotten memory!
But it's all those past words and experiences that makes us,
who we are today.
 It's those, silly, nonsensical, things, that we remember!
And these boots, brought back one of those long forgotten memories.

I was young, little really.  But, I remember watching
my parents dance...in our living room!
My Father took my Mother for a swirl,
and then, it was life back to normal.
But I knew I wanted to learn how to
do the swirl and  "The Texas Two Step"!
And that's when my Father, showed me how to do it! 
"It's  the easiest step",  he said.
And I've never forgotten those, two little
Texas steps,

Step, step,...
The boots, are pure Cowboy!
I identify Cowboy and the boots, with Texas!
My Son now lives in Texas!
And for a kid who grew up in New York!
Well, I think, that's quiet, a Two Step!


Just an image, and word!
Maybe, that's all it takes!

7 comments:

yoborobo said...

I love those boots! I grew up in Texas and California, and I have no idea how to do the two-step. :)) But I do have very fond memories of my cowboy boots that I would proudly wear to watch the rodeo. Yehaw!!!! xox Pam

maddyrose said...

I have never seen the Texas two step being danced. Is it anything like a polka? I know how it is that a word or a picture can trigger a memory of something from a life time ago. Great post.

LuLu Kellogg said...

Oooooooo, that brought back memories! I used to twirl with the best of 'em waaaaaaaaay back!

Love,
LuLu~*xoxo

JDConwell said...

I grew up with the two-step, being a Texan. But the one they did back when I learned it is NOT what they do in country bars/clubs the last decade or so...

Didn't realize how much it had changed since I made an honest woman out of m'self. :~P

Paula ~ castleandcottagesigns said...

Love that photo, love those boots! My husband and I tried to learn some fancy dances.. I was terrible at it! I'm more of a 'make my own moves' kinda dancer, lol!

Nancy said...

Love the boots! We live in what is called "Cowtown" and two stepping is a way of life! Haven't done it for a long time...but loved it when I did.
The Calgary Stampede is almost here (July) and so there will lots of good lookin' cowboys in their boots!

Have a great week!
Hugs, Nancy

June said...

Great picture, great post Lisa! I love reading about the memories of others like the memory of your father teaching you the step.
Quite a transition for your son I bet! And a big step for sure!

I love the Texas Two Step. My husband and I used to teach it to our students. We taught Western Swing dance classes for a few years. There's nothing we love more than going to barn dances and wearing ourselves out. lol!
hugs from here...