Tuesday, May 18, 2010

I'm Home.....!

I'm home, but I'd bet you didn't even know I was gone.
I ran down...okay drove down, to Texas to help my Son and Daughter-In-Law, 
move into their new house.
In it's self , it wasn't a fun trip! Moving never is.  You just want to get it DONE!
So it went from this pretty clean kitchen, to...
this!
What to do?  Lots'!
Guess who got to unpack most of this?
While my Daughter-In-Law, and my Husband went to get the cats, (that's another story, oh believe me! ).
I got to figure out where to put everything, knowing all along after I leave, that my Son and DIL will have to
organize and put things away, to their preference.  That's okay, I know they have to live in
the house and acclimate their everyday routine to feel comfortable with the flow.  
It did help, to have friends and chocolate wine!
After  a long day,  of loading and un-loading, it was time to feed those who helped.
 Food, wine, laughter and love...Here's to those who wish us well, and the rest of you can go to
Pittsburgh! (Please note, I have nothing against Pittsburgh, it's just a quote from a W.C. Fields, joke
that sticks in my head!). 
Good times!
Now, I'm home, and am anxious to create, and catch up on four days of seeing and reading what
yall' (Texas twang, because I met friend of my DIL  and Son, who, gave me great pleasure just listening to her accent, ) have been up to!
 Really, I hope that made sense!
Be well!


5 comments:

BellaLunaArts said...

Lisa!What a fantastic kitchen, I'm jealous :) Been meaning to tell you that your beautiful gift for the Wishing Tree has done so well. It's hardly aged at all safe in it's little lantern in spite of the rain,hail & burning California sun. THANK YOU again for such a beautiful addition to our Wishing Tree.What a gift you are! Take care and rest up. Hugs,Bridgette

Liz Revit said...

Lisa, sounds like your trip was lots of fun. I'd love to hear the story about the cats someday.

Dusti said...

Oh, bless your heart. Just seeing that picture reminds me of how much I HATE moving. I really really hate it! And it's not just the literally MOVING part, it's all the throwing out, packing & unpacking only to find you should have thrown twice as much out so you just wasted all that time moving Goodwill donations!
...or maybe that's just me?
Glad you are back in your own comfy environment!

Cobblestone Creations said...

What a dear mother you are to help them in such a big way!!! It sounds like their new home will be filled with joy and the kind of love that leads to wonderful memories. I wish them well. Being born and raised near Pittsburgh I take no offense. ;) Anxious to see if any twang makes its way into your next creations. :)

BTW ~ wheres' the signup for your mailing list? I seem to have missed the last few gems from you! :(

LuLu Kellogg said...

Now that is my dream kitchen!

I am glad you made it back home safe and sound. I am still sick but headed to the doctor today at noon!

LuLu♥