Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Any Day Now!

This is just an example of how slow I am.
Mind you, I planted all my tomatoes in late May.
Yes in May!
I thought surely I'd have August tomatoes at the latest.
But no, not me! 
I was thrilled when I went out this evening and 
spotted  color
 in this mass of over-grown greenery.
Maybe, just maybe, it'll be ready on the first day of Fall!
I know it's tiny, but it's my first tomato of the season and if I slice 
very carefully ...nah I'll probably just pop it in my mouth as soon as I pick it!

Be Well!

3 comments:

Dede said...

Better late than never. They may be later bloomers, but look at all of them! My garden didn't do anything this year, thinking it was all of the endless rain we have had. Enjoy your harvest!

(((HUGS)))

Theresa MacNaughton said...

How beautiful! Better late than never. :) Enjoy your delicious tomato(es). Theresa :)

yoborobo said...

Lol! Ours went in a flash from all the heat. One day we had 5,000 tomatoes, and the next day nada. Enjoy your little mater. :) xox!! Pam