Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Spray Paint!

Well, that wild hair struck again!
Yep, while sorting and cleaning out all
the left over cans of paint...I may need those colors,
I found a can of ocean blue.  Never used!
Well I took care of that really quick, what to spray?
You know I'll find something,
And I did!

These stools used to be a creamy yellow, but hey
we all need to jump once in awhile.
Mind you, this is totally the opposite of what I would normally do,
So I rubbed tinted wax on them, just to tone the color down,

I don't know if they suit me yet, but as I emptied the can
I kept thinking I should have used a safer color, like
Pumpkin Orange!

Be well!

9 comments:

Heather H. said...

Lisa they are very pretty. I recently refurbished a cabniet for a friend of mine and she picked out two colors that I would have NEVER chose on of them was that same blue, well the cabinet turned out beautiful. Since then I have used that color on several things around my house. I am usually a safe person all neutrals!!! Glad I tried it now I am wanting to try new colors on everything!!!!!

Heather H. said...

What type of tinted wax are you talking about??? I really like the effect.
Heather H

Wolf's Folk Art said...

Lisa,
I LOVE the color!!
They look so cozy..they are calling for me to pull a stool up and stay awhile!!1lol
Very lovely!!
Lisa:0)

Cobblestone Creations said...

Heck ~ if it turns out they don't suit you, send them to ME! That's my color ~ love the effect of the wax. Gorgeous!!!!!

And good to know I'm not the only one with a paint can collection. :)

yoborobo said...

That is one of my favorite colors! And I love what you did with the wax. So you put that on after you sprayed them? Did you finish them after you waxed them? Twenty questions!! haha! xox

Mother Moon said...

I sort of like the color myself... yet orange is the color of the season.... Wanted to stop by and thank you again for the wonderful Orny from the Halloween Queen giveaway... I can not wait to receive it... :-)

Theresa MacNaughton said...

I like the color a lot. Has a nice vintage feel to it. You did a wonderful job! Theresa :)

Janette Mallory Interior Design, Inc said...

I love your blog!!! thanks for following mine
xoxo janette

Brenda said...

I want some of that blue and tinted wax! Love the way it turned out!

Brenda