Thursday, July 14, 2011

Scrappy Black Kat!

I heard a clank, and the bang of a galvanized garbage can
as it hit the paved gravel, in the back alley!
The sound of tin cans and glass, caught my ear, like wind chimes, 
tinkling, on a late Summer nights breeze.
The soulful cry, of what sounded like, waking babies, crying,
was actually the howls of, cats, fighting over scraps of refuse,
like it was a priceless, gourmet meal!
I yelled, and threw a stick!
Trying to break up, a Cat Fight!
The bully Cat, took off, but
I was left with a scruffy little thing, licking his wounds!
I picked him up by the scruff of his neck, and cleaned him up.
With the fleas washed off, and a belly full of warm milk,
I discovered, the Scrappy little Cat, was a diamond in the rough!
Well of course, I got a Black Cat!
Because Halloween is just around the Summer Solstice,
and Black Scrappy Cats, will be running up and down the Alley
before you know it!
Scrappy Kat, will be available, here,
I'll have a few more photos of him later too!

Feel free to contact me if you are interested in him,
at,

Be Well!



8 comments:

Dianie said...

Love that scrappy kat and the story!!!

~Diane

yoborobo said...

Oh, he is so cool! I love his little scrappy self. I feel like making Halloween things, too. It's time, isn't it? :)) xox! Pam

Cobblestone Creations said...

Your creativity has no bounds!

maddyrose said...

Scrappy little guy is a cutie. I'm thinking Halloween, and for a Christmas artist that's weird, right? Loved the story.

Liz Revit said...

Lisa, you have a wonderful way with words! Love the scrappy cat as well.

In the Light of the Moon said...

This is one Coooool Cat Lisa!!!Hugs,Cat

Dawn in the Forest said...

Lisa, I always love reading your posts......your such a clever lady:) I adore Scrappy Kat, he's wonderful!

Theresa MacNaughton said...

He is absolutely fabulous, Lisa! You did an amazing job! Meow! :)